Oral and maxillofacial surgery is a section that deals with the diseases and disorders of the face and neck and all soft and hard tissues in these areas, Including the mouth, teeth and jaws. While the work done in the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery. Dentists often undertake more challenging and critical tasks in this department than in other sub-areas of Dentistry.Wisdom tooth extraction is the most common jaw surgery procedure.
Soft tissue and hard tissue operations are possible to divide the situations related to oral and maxillofacial surgery into two. In soft tissue:
- Cysts in the gums or mouth,
- Gum inflammation,
- The soft tissues in the gums or mouth and jaw area of the wound and lesions that occur,
- Treatment of clefts on the lip and palate that occur after congenital or passed accidents.
- treatment of such ailments is one of the main aims.
- In the field of Maxillofacial Surgery, hard tissue disorders are more diverse than soft tissue. Most of the cases are suffering from the following hard tissue problems::
- Normal tooth extraction,
- Tooth extraction by surgical means,
- Detection and removal of buried teeth,
- Dental Implants,
- Treatment of jaw dislocation and jaw fractures,
- Treatments of jaw joints,
- Treatment of tooth infections and tooth decay,
- Treatment of maxillary sinus complications with direct connection to teeth and jaw,
- Making the floor suitable for the prosthesis to sit with surgical interventions before the prosthesis
Wisdom Tooth Extraction
In case of oral and maxillofacial surgery, the most common reason for patients to apply is undoubtedly surgical shots. The main lines of surgical tooth extraction are the removal of the tooth in the operating room, where it is decided that it cannot be pulled by normal methods, and even in some cases by using anesthesia. The most common surgical procedure is a wisdom tooth extraction. wisdom tooth, which cannot be removed by healthy and natural means, begins to give signals reminding that it needs to be pulled. We often perceive these signals as symptoms of severe and unbearable pain wisdom tooth, such as a dental abscess. Although wisdom tooth extraction is a very feared operation, it can be done easily thanks to correct jaw surgery